Friday, September 09, 2005

For One LOW Price!!! (con't)

OK, yes I do realize that I am not yet a parent. & perhaps I will spoil my kids. But I'm pretty sure I'll spoil them with love, affection, adoration, praise, discipline, manners, respect, direction..."raise them up in the way they should go." My sister & I never had these elaborate parties, yet I know that my parents really loved me as I was growing up (& still do today!). I know this because they've told me with their actions & words. I never needed parties like that to know I was cared about growing up. Also...my sister & I were capable of using our imaginations to entertain ourselves. Give us a tape recorder & a few blank tapes & we were set for hours! I think that kids today are pretty darn spoiled & have so much stimulation with video games, TV, movies, iPods, gadget upon gadget upon gadget that they don't know how to entertain themselves & appreciate the small things. I am grateful for all I had (& didn't have) growing up. I am a stronger person & harder worker because of that. Parents please...if you can spend that kind of money...good for you! But remember it's the quality time that counts. You kids will remember the "I'm proud of you" & "I love you" comments along with the quality time MUCH more. I know I do...I can barely remember what I was given for my 18th birthday, but I DO know I was surrounded by love.

No comments: