Thursday, October 27, 2005

Quit your cryin'!

Ok, so the White Sox won the world series. They have not won since 1917. Chicago has rarely seen the month of October in the baseball world. Now, the White Sox have won. I guess I can say I am happy for the city of Chicago as a whole. However, I am not the happiest for the Sox. I am a Cubs fan, that's how I was raised. If I were to root for the Sox...well, my grandfather would be turning in his grave.
I will say this, though, to the Yankees fans of New York City...quit your crying.
Yes, Steinbrenner has done quite a job making the Yankees who they are. Yes, they are a winning team (they have been to the World Series 39 times & have won 26 titles). But seriously, can't they be happy for the underdogs? I guess once you get used to being a winner, you don't take loosing all that easy. Now the cities of Chicago & Boston...well, we are used to loosing in Baseball. These two cities will be glowing in their World Series wins for perhaps another 100 years until they win again. Although I am a Cubs fan, I am happy for the Boston Red Sox & (I suppose) the White Sox. Perhaps this DOES mean that my Cubbies can win next year (they haven't won since 1908!). So to all you Yankees fans out there....WATCH OUT! Perhaps this means that the curse of the billy goat is over.

No comments: