Wednesday, December 09, 2009

It's almost the end...

Last year I was SO SO happy to have '08 done & over with...after having had a stroke, the passing of my last grandparent, & a little catheter shoved up my groin to put in a wee little device.
ah, after all that 2008 was over.
yippee!

Little did I know what 2009 would entail:
-a major surgery that left a mark almost 10" long to remove said 'wee-little device'
-a nice little open heart surgery!
-months of recovery time
-& many many many hours fighting billing agents, hospitals, & insurance companies.
er, yay!?

praise ye the Lord 2009 is on it's way out.
bring it on 2010!!!

BUT! as I've been trying to focus on the good things...
this year has also been full of many blessings:
-Dr. Oz was my amazing, wonderful, kind, gracious, & compasionate doc for the open heart surgery. LOVE him.
-We moved into a new apartment; went to my college reunion, saw many lovely wonderful old friends, & showed Joel the beautiful place where I went to college; my bro-in-law got married
-spent many wonderful days with family & friends this year (many bittersweet because of the surgeries, but wonderful nontheless)
-took some trips to break up the recovery/between surgery time (including seeing Canada, Atlanta & the Grand Canyon for the first time)
-celebrated weddings & baby showers

Though an extremely rough year, I have been blessed.
The Good Lord has protected me.
I am still alive.
I have deeper friendships.
I know (more than ever) the stick by-ness, go into the trenches, love, encouragement, support, protection, care, blessing, loyalty, strength, prayers of so many around me.

Especially my amazing husband.
LOVE HIM!

May I not forget the good of 2009, yet I am so excited to have a new year, come on 2010!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meg,
It has been a rough two years, yet as you have said, there is SO much to be grateful for! I love you and I am SO grateful to God for His grace over you! You will never know how grateful I am! I love you girl and I know that there is SO much ahead of you! Stand strong!
Mom

Kelly Orbeck said...

Thanks so much for this entry Megs. You are such a wonderfully strong woman of God.
Keep being amazed at His glorious work!

Love you SO much.
Kel