Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Open Mouth, Insert Foot.



The past two days I worked at the Javits Center at the Spa & Resort Expo & Conference.  A conference for folks who love beauty and medical treatments, along with your everyday Botox junkies.  (I can't even tell you how many scary Botox infused ladies, and men, I saw).

I was on the expo floor today walking around handing out flyers to the exhibitors.  One of the gentlemen told me that he unfortunately didn't enjoy this year's conference too much, it wasn't as big as last year, disappointed, blah blah.  I said "I'm sorry sir that it has been an unfortunate experience for you." ... or something along those lines to hopefully make him feel better.   Then I said, "So, what kind of product are you promoting?"  He told me how it was some sort of lazer buzz thingy that you put on your face, it helped take away wrinkles in minutes, yadda yadda.  Then, I say "oh, well, I'm one of those people that says just grow old gracefully anyways.  I'm getting older, but 'eh' whatever" .....

That's when I realized what I was saying....I was telling a guy at a spa & plastic face fest! that I thought folks should basically just go with the flow of aging!

oops! 
yeah, I won't be buying his product.
and, I didn't make him feel one bit better about his time at the show.

Dear Sir with the lazer face thingy : sorry I basically insulted your product.

1 comment:

Ben and Laurie said...

ha ha! oopers! :)perhaps your comment, though, will prompt him to think about other products to sell that will have more of an impact on society!