Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I just gave Tom Hanks 2 bucks!

I was on a 'retreat' last night & went to Target to run some errands (I LOVE that place! SO refreshing!) :) & they had a special edition 2 disk DVD of Forrest Gump on sale for $9.44 & for that price I just had to get it! Now, as I figure....if actors & directors get residuals for movies when they are bought....Tom Hanks & Robert Zemekis will each probably receive about 20% of my purchase ---about $2. With this $2 Tom Hanks will possibly buy a pack of gum, a can of pop, or give it to his kids for some candy. Mr. Zemekis will maybe go back to IL & buy his mom (who, coincidentally...goes to my Dad's church) a cup 'o joe. So, with my purchase last night .... as I see it... I have contributed to the cavities of Tom Hanks' children & the love that Mrs. Zemekis will shower on her son for that lovely cup of coffee. As the other non-Tom Hanks/Robert Zemekis film saying goes.... "pay it forward" people. My $9.44 has gone a long long way....won't you consider doing the same & purchase the $9.44 DVD of Zoolander to go towards Christine Taylor's chai tea from Ben Stiller?

No comments: