Thursday, June 09, 2005

My first Blog...

This is my first blog (YAY!) ... & I am going to share something with you that I wrote last week & my sister thought was funny.
maybe you will think the same...
Here goes!...

Things I hate to hear in the dressing room.
OK, so I rarely get on any soap boxes or anything.. but i've been at stores lately looking for a dress for my HS reunion & GEEZ people these days!
what is UP?!!
here's a little note on my observations.....

things i hate to hear in the dressing room or in the store.....
(& have heard over the past couple of days)
"all of their sizes are too big, the smallest they have is an 8!"
"the 4 is too big on you"
"God! what size is that jacket! a small! it's WAY too big on you, not flattering at all...makes you look huge"
"there's too much room in that 2, you totally need the 0"
(then after she apparently had the 0 on...)
"the 0 is a bit too big also, you have some room in that too"
"can you get me this in a 2? the 4 is just too big"

i have heard many other things over the years & past few days... but you get the picture. whatever happened to the days when the woman's body was celebrated?
when paintings of women featured a beautiful gal w/ voluptuous curves?
when marilyn monroe's size (a 12) was considered normal?
...but now is percieved as "big" or "plus sized".

i say .... in the words of SirMix-A-Lot..."Shake it! Shake it! Shake that healthy butt!"
sure... i could loose a few pounds... but i'm pretty much happy w/ what i look like!!!
i've got a big butt (or as my family calls it "fluffy duffy") ...& uh...bigger 'chest' size & some guys seem to like it....ahem.... black men mostly (thank you gentleman for appreciating a woman's curves!)....my first boyfriend was even black... his name was Alphabet, we were 4.
[he he he]
so embrace what the Lord gave ya & lets not live up to what 'society' tells us is 'beautiful' or normal.
be proud of who you are! & use it baby!!!!
and now i am climbing off my soap box.
xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan, I thought you looked great at the reunuion, I loved all your curves!