Thursday, June 23, 2005

A little slice of Heaven.

I am a gal with big feet, size 12m. It is a hard hard task for me to even attempt to get shoes (if I want something super comfortable that will last long & not pay a million dollars). Yes, Payless is a pretty good spot for me, but they are more of a one-season-don't-wear-them-everyday shoe. (& I was really sad when Parade of Shoes went out of business, they carried 12's......arg.) Growing up it was hard for me to find shoes too. As an 11 year old wearing a size 11 shoe, all I wanted was a nice comfortable flat dress shoe & not too many people made '11 year old looking shoes' in a size 11. Many times I have even had to resort to buying men's boots or gym shoes. Usually when shoe shopping....I walk into a store, don't even look at my choices, but first go to the sales person & say "what is the highest size your shoes go?" This size usually... a small little 10. I don't say what I used to ask "do you carry shoes in a 12?" because with that question, I would usually get a lovely response of "UH! NO!!!..." from the rude salesperson & a look that said "...you from Mars or something?" But yesterday...I walked into (for me) what I believe to be a little slice of Heaven. [When in Heaven, we may not have to worry about shoes, but if we do...we will be able to get the size we need, no problem]. I found a store in east mid-town where big shoes are there specialty! They have probably 100 or so choices to choose from & they don't look at me weird when I say "Does that come in a 12?" They say "Sure! let me see what I have!" & if they don't have that specific shoe, they bring me 3 other similar styles...all in a lovely size 12. (They even seemed to have a small little section for the drag queens in honor of the gay pride parade this weekend... he he he). I just found out about this store a few months ago & wow...it is truly amazing. I feel like other women in there are in Heaven also! Everyone was talking to one another saying "Oh my Gosh! look at these shoes! they're so cute!" ....& things like that. So, whoever you are....shoeman that owns the big shoe store....thank you. & Ladies with big feet (or, um....drag queens) check this place out! You'll be in Heaven too.

No comments: